At MyRenoSparksRealEstate.com, we want to be your resource for all things real estate. Here is what is going on in today's local market.
According to the new data released by the Northern Nevada Association of Realtors, the Reno Sparks market is steadily selling inventory, while also gaining more home buyers, following the same trends from October & Novemeber. Let's take a look at the Decemeber 2014 real estate market numbers for Reno Sparks:
Median Sales Price
- December 2014 median price was up 0.8% to $262,000 compared to $260,000 in November
- 2014 and up 12.9% compared to $232,000 in December 2013.
- Median price is defined as the mid-point, where, for the time period identified, the price for one-half of the sales are higher and one-half are lower.
Annualized Median Price by Area Group
- This chart shows the annualized median price by-area-group year over year. Each vertical bar represents the median for the prior 12 months of data
- December, 2014 median price on properties with no special conditions was up 1.5% to $274,000 compared to $269,925 in November, 2014 and up 6.9% compared to $256,400 in December, 2013.
- December, 2014 median price on REO (Bank Owned) properties was up 3.4% to $212,000 compared to $205,000 in November, 2014 and up 17.0% compared to $181,250 in December, 2013.
- December, 2014 median price on short sales properties was up 13.2% to $210,000 compared to $185,500 in November, 2014 and up 13.2% compared to $185,500 in December, 2013.
Number of Units Sold
- December, 2014 units sold was up 6.6% to 501 compared to 470 in November, 2014 and up 1.6% compared to 493 in December 2013.